Hydrogen fuel cell pressure regulator – AUTO 438
- The AUTO438 is an EC79 approved piston-sensed pressure regulator, designed specifically for Hydrogen fuel cell buses and trucks.
- During the EC79 testing process, it has been put through over 90,000 cycles by external certification body, KIWA Nederland B.V. – equating to 10 years life time on a typical installation!
- With a balanced main valve as standard, it offers stable control of outlet pressures up to 20 bar (290 psi) from a maximum 438 bar (6,350 psi) inlet pressure.
Key Components of the AUTO 438 and its materials are listed as below:
- Body: Material used is Anodised Aluminium T6511 (UNS AW6082). Suitable to use at approx. temperatures -196°C to 200°C
- Main Valve Pin: Material used is ASTM A479 316/316L Stainless Steel (UNS S31600/S31603). Suitable to use at approx. temperatures -196°C to 538°C
- Valve Spring: Material used is Elgiloy® (UNS R30003). Suitable to use at approx. temperatures -196°C to 450°C
- Piston: Material used is ASTM A479 316/316L Stainless Steel.
- O-Rings: Material used is FKM/FPM 90. Suitable to use at approx. temperatures -40°C to 85°C
- Loading Spring: ASTM A479 316/316L Stainless Steel
- Filter: Filter is made up of 30 Microns
- EC79 approved for use on hydrogen service vehicles in the public domain
- Easy access to seat cartridge for simplified servicing
- In-line vent port for simplified assembly
- Balanced main valve design for improved control across the pressure range
- With a balanced main valve as standard, it offers stable control of outlet pressures up to 20 bar (290 psi) from a maximum 438 bar (6,350 psi) inlet pressure
Product features is correlated with the advantages of products as listed below:
- EC79/2009 approved: Permits use on hydrogen service for vehicles in the public domain.
- Easy access to seat cartridge: Simplified servicing through the base of the regulator.
- Optional mounting arrangements: To suit users application/set-up.
- In line leakage sense line: Easy to connect pipework to sense for H2 leakage, and makes set point anti-tamper proof.
Mounting configuration options
Two mounting options is provided for the end user based on the user requirement:
- Bonnet mounting: Mounting panel is secured between the body and bonnet with a panel mounting nut.
- Head-work mounting: Mounting panel is secured between the body and head-work
- Hydrogen fuel cell trucks
- Hydrogen fuel cell buses
- Contact us and tell us about your requirements. Our team help you with the suitable pressure regulators for your systems