Parker’s Autoclave Engineer’s SM Needle Valves (SM Series)
- Parker Autoclave’s SM Series needle valves are designed with large ports for high flow applications. These valves have a non-rotating rising stem bar stock design with working pressures to 20,000 psi (1379 bar). The cone and thread connections utilize Parker Autoclave tubing with sizes from 1/4″ to 1″.
- 316 stainless steel construction is the standard material with other options available.
- Along with their many features these valves provide dependable and trouble free service in wide variety of applications.
- Largest-port valves available for medium pressure applications.
- Tubing sizes available from 1/4” to 1”.
- Rising stem/barstock body design.
- Non-rotating stem prevents stem/seat galling.
- New one piece stem design permits ease of assembly and packing replacement.
- Metal-to-metal seating achieves bubble-tight shut-off, longer stem/seat life in abrasive flow, greater durability for repeated on/off cycles and excellent corrosion resistance.
- PTFE encapsulated packing provides dependable stem and body sealing.
- Stem sleeve and packing gland materials have been selected to achieve extended thread cycle life and reduced handle torque.
- Choice of Vee or Regulating stem tip.
- Available in five body patterns.
- EC-79 Certified
See our needle valves guide with all variants
- The SM series needle valves are available in different variants. For details see our SM series guide – click here .
- Introduction: SM Series Valves are designed specifically for use with matching orifice Medium Pressure Cone & Thread Fittings and Tubing for the most efficient flow path possible using Cone & Thread style connections.
- Features: The Parker’s SM Series Needle valve has been specifically designed for use with Medium Pressure cold worked 316/316L stainless steel tubing as standard
- Materials: UNS S31600/ S31603, CW 316/316L Stainless Steel body construction as standard. See Technical brochure for additional material details
- Pressure: Designed for a maximum of 20,000 psi MAWP using high tensile strength UNS S31600/S31603 cold worked 316/316L Stainless Steel material as standard, we include larger ID tubing rated to 15,000 psi (15SM valves) for even higher flow rate capability.
- Stem: Most Parker Autoclave Engineers’ valves are available with either Vee (on-off) or Regulating (Flow Control) in our standard valve body seat or with our optional replaceable seat.
- Options: Parker’s SM Series Needle valve are available with different valve options a based on the user requirement as listed below.
- Pneumatic Valve actuators: The need to control process and vent valves from a remote location makes air operated valves a vital component to many processing operations. Fore more details see the technical brochure.
- Electric Valve Actuators: Parker SM series valve with The Electrically Actuated Shut-off/Flow Regulating Actuator (FRC Series) is available for most of our SM Series Valves through 9/16″ tubing size and full working pressure. Fore more details see the technical brochure.
- High / Low temperature Extension: High Temperature (Over 800°F (427°C)) and Low Temperature (under -100°F (-73°C))
- ES Stem Extender: Stem extenders are offered for High and Low temperature operation or to extend through panel or barricade
- Needle Valve Calm Shell Handle Lockout: Clam Shell Handle locks are provided to lockout valves in open or closed position preventing unauthorized personnel from actuating valve during shutdown or emergency situations.
- Valve Packing Options: Standard Parker Autoclave Engineers valves with PTFE packing may be operated from 0°F (-18°C) to 450°F (232°C). High and Cryogenic temperature packing and/or extended stuffing box are available for service from -423°F (-252°C) to 1200°F (650°C) by adding the following suffixes to catalog order number, for more details refer the data sheet.
- On-board hydrogen-powered vehicles
- General hydrogen use
- Medium pressure skid panels
- Chemical injection skids
- Medium pressure fluid handling systems
- Contact us and tell us about your requirements. We will identify the products that provide the performance and safety you expect.