Alfa Laval semi welded plate heat exchanger
- Semi-welded plate heat exchangers are suitable for refrigeration, chemical processes and various kinds of industrial utility duties.
- The unique Alfa Laval RefTight™ sealing system guarantees a long lifetime sealing between the welded channels because the laser weld is on the outside of the ring gasket groove. The smooth surface ensures a tight uniform seal over the entire gasket ring.
- The Alfa Laval industrial semi-welded line offers a high-efficiency solution with a sealing function combining gaskets and welds. These units can also withstand a higher design pressure compared to fully gasketed plate-and-frame heat exchangers.
- The robust Alfa Laval T10-EW, semi-welded plate industrial heat exchanger with the RefTight™ sealing system offers a higher standard of efficiency and durability to meet higher pressure demands.
- You can order the Alfa Laval Industrial semi-welded line for various temperature programs, pressure drop limitations, media and operating pressures.
- The various sizes in the product line cover a full range of heat transfer capacities and flows. All are carefully designed and selected to achieve optimal performance.
Semi welded heat exchanger contruction
- A plate heat exchanger consists of a pack of corrugated metal plates. Each plate is fitted with a rubber gasket, which seals the channel formed between two adjacent plates.
- In an alternative design, every second gasket is replaced by a laser-weld to allow for fluids aggressive to the gaskets. The plate pack is assembled between a fixed frame plate and a movable pressure plate and compressed by tightening bolts.
- The frame plate and the pressure plate are suspended from an upper carrying bar and guided by a lower guiding bar, both of which are fixed to a support column.
- The size of the unit and the material and number of plates are determined by the requirements of the particular application and duty.
- Each individual plate heat exchanger is optimised for its duty and, as a result, the usage of materials is kept to a minimum.
- CurveFlow™ distribution area: Improves media flow and minimizes the risk of fouling
- Offset gasket groove: Ensures plate utilization for maximum heat transfer efficiency
- OmegaPort™: Noncircular port holes Enhances media flow and thermal efficiency
- FlexFlow™ plate design: Improves thermal efficiency and optimizes pressure drop utilization
- Five-point alignment: Ensures reliable plate positioning and easy service of large units
- PowerArc™ plate pattern divider: Improves plate rigidity for longer lifetime
- SteerLock™ plate alignment: Ensures reliable plate positioning and easy service
- RefTight™ sealing system: High-performance gasket sealing for high-pressure duties
- ClipGrip™ gasket attachment: Ensures perfect seal and trouble-free maintenance
- Bearing boxes: Guarantees an easy-to-open unit for smoother, more efficient maintenance
- T-bar roller: Provides a lower unit that is easy to service
- Compact frame: Facilitates maintenance and minimizes service area requirement
- Low operating cost possible owing to superior energy efficiency and prolonged service intervals
- Safe and reliable sealing with no risk of cross-contamination
- High heat transfer
- Always turbulent flow
- Good flow distribution
- High COP factor achievable
- Low refrigerant filling
- Low environmental impact
- Low weight & space
- High Resistance
- Pressure and temperature fatigue resistance
- Freezing causes no damage
- Corrosion-resistant plate material
- Flexible design
- Add/remove cassettes
- Openable for cleaning
- Flooded evaporators
- DX evaporators
- Cascade systems
- Liquid-cooled condensers
- Desuperheater/gas coolers (for e.g. heat recovery)
- Oil coolers
- We have the right heat exchanger for you. Fill out the contact us form to contact us today.