PEM Fuel Cell Stack – FCgen® – 1020ACS
- Ballard Power Systems offers an air-cooled, scalable proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell stack suitable for a wide range of light duty applications where durability, reliability and a simplified balance of plant are key requirements.
- The FCgen® – 1020ACS fuel cell has been engineered to incorporate advanced open cathode technology and state of the art self-humidifying membrane electrode assemblies.
- These features completely eliminate the need for humidication systems and simplify system integration.
- Simple, low cost design delivering reliable operation over a wide range of challenging conditions.
- PEM fuel cell stack with no moving parts and high effciency.
- The FCgen® – 1020ACS produces clean DC power with a low thermal and acoustic signature.
- The stack can be scaled to meet power requirements from 450W to 3kW and integrated into various end user applications.
- The FCgen® – 1020ACS is available in a number of cell conguration options.
- Typical preformance
- Rated power: 41.1W/cell
- Rated current: 65.3 Amps
- DC voltage: 660mV/cell
- Hydrogen: 99.95% or better
- Fuel supply pressure: 0.16 to 0.56 bar g
- fuel flow rate: ~0.5 slpm/cell²
- Coolant: Air
- Coolant flow rate: ~50 slpm/cell²
- Operating temperature:-40°C to 52°
- Start up temperature: ≥-10°C to 52°C
- Physical characterstics (56-cell stack)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 363 x 103 x 351 mm
- Mass: 11.0 kg
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 62282-2 Fuel Cell Modules
- Backup power
- Material handling equipment and vehicles
- Ballard is focused on applications where hydrogen pem fuel cell stack has a clear advantage and they are working on accelerating fuel cell technology adoption. Interested? Please contact Ballard by filling in the contact vendor form.