Plug & Drive H2 Storage System – 700bar
- Voith 700 bar Plug & Drive Hydrogen Storage System (56 kg H2 capacity)
- 700 bar hydrogen storage system for “behind the cab” installation for heavy duty trucks – also side tank systems possible.
- 4x Voith full scale Type IV pressure tanks made with towpreg winding technology for highest gravimetric densities and in automotive quality.
- Complete H2 periphery including vales, pressure regulator, receptacles, pipes, and filters.
- Automotive Tank Control Unit (TCU) with software, sensors, cables as well as refueling communication interface complying to functional safety (ISO 26262) and cybersecurity (ISO 21424) standards.
- Mechanical structure to hold the tanks and attach the rack to the vehicle chassis.
- System approach allows for easy vehicle integration due to only three interfaces (mechanical adaption to chassis, hydrogen to power unit and information to vehicle control unit).
- Extendable to up to 8 tanks (112 kg of hydrogen) in total.
- Certification for road approval according to global standards UN-ECE R134 (in 2023) and HGV-2.
- “Plug & Drive” solution: Complete System from receptacle to fuel cell or H2-ICE inlet.
- 700 bar Type IV tanks made with towpreg winding in automotive quality for max. performance, durability and safety.
- Slim and lightweight structure for efficient behind the cab installation in heavy duty commercial vehicles.
- Automotive Tank Control Unit with various safety features for optimal system performance.
- Designed for high flow refueling for fast refills as well as compliance with existing 350 bar refueling protocols for max. flexibility.
- Modular technology platforms can be adapted to individual needs e.g. by adding additional tanks.
- Capacity (in kg H2):
- 56 (the “core” with 4 tanks)
- 112 (with an additional subscale tank and one full scale tank)
- Certification according to UN-ECE R134 (in 2023) and HGV-2.
- Optimized system layout for heavy duty trucks.
- The modular platform allows for various applications such as busses, construction and mining vehicles, agricultural vehicles, ferries, trains as well as refueling stations or gensets.
- Transport more miles and goods with light weight tanks from Voith. Interested? Please contact Voith by filling in the contact vendor form.