PDC Hydrogen refueling stations
- PDC specializes in providing complete solutions for alternative energy applications. We are the #1 supplier of gas compressors for automobiles, bus and material handling fueling market with over 600 compressor installations worldwide and counting.
- With decades of experience in hydrogen compression system integration we are the preferred source for component and systems packaging for hydrogen station fueling applications.
- Has the most experience in hydrogen fueling applications at pressures up to 15,000 psig/1,000 barg.
- Customizable: Designed and configured for your specific vehicle fleet
- Scalable: Grows with your fleet’s future needs
- Adaptable: Accepts any source of hydrogen (electrolyzer, tube trailer, reformer, etc)
- Range of dispensing performance: 350 bar Medium Duty/Heavy Duty or 700 bar Light Duty. T20, T40 fills per SAE J2601 fueling protocol
- Advanced controls: Remote monitoring and diagnostics. Complete controls for autonomous operation
- Comprehensive safeties: IR detectors, head detectors, flammable gas detectors, and PSV
- Expedites permitting: Factory certification to local codes and standards
- Specializes in Providing Complete Hydrogen Compression Solutions in Hydrogen Energy Applications. From Compression modules through full-scale commercial stations for vehicles, buses, trucks and material handling vehicles. We offer an extensive line standard compressors and turnkey designed compression systems to meet an array of applications ranging from single-sites to full-scale commercial stations.
- SimpleFuel™, On-site Hydrogen Generation, Compression, Storage and Dispensing. SimpleFuel™, refueling appliance ideal for warehouse and small fleet vehicle operations.
- PDC Machines is the Preferred Partner for Diaphragm Compressors World-Wide. PDC Machines has developed partnerships with the largest gas producers, researchers and renewable energy technology companies to create and promote the growth of practical and commercial worldwide acceptance of hydrogen as an energy source. Our gas compression equipment is found in demonstration and commercial installations worldwide for hydrogen refueling of automobiles, buses and material handling vehicles.
- 3-Stage Diaphragm Compressor. PDC Machines provides the world’s only fully contamination-free and leak-free 3-stage diaphragm compressors
- Performance, Reliability and Service of its Compression Systems. PDC Machines diaphragm compressors are the first choice when contamination-free, leak-tight gas compression is required. Our diaphragm compressors are designed to provide high quality, high reliability, low maintenance and extended service intervals. We have earned a reputation for delivering the highest quality product on-time, at the most competitive pricing and strong after sales service support.
- Component and System Packagers for Complete Hydrogen Stations. With decades of experience in hydrogen compression system integration and process knowledge, we are the preferred source for component and systems packaging for hydrogen fueling applications.
- Has the most experience in Hydrogen Fueling Applications at pressures up to 15,000 psig/1,000 barg. PDC is on the leading edge of engineering and manufacturing methods used for 5,000 psig/350 barg and 10,000 psig/ 700 barg gas compression to enable commercialized solutions to take hold in the emerging marketplace. We also provide high pressure diaphragm compressors for 13,000 psig/900 barg and 15,000 psig/1000 barg for specialized applications.
- Hydrogen powered fuel cell vehicles
- Hydrogen powered fuel cell trucks
- Hydrogen powered fuel cell buses
- Hydrogen powered back up fuel cells stationary for stationary power generation
- Conversion of biomass to gaseous hydrogen
- Hydrogen powered fuel cell material handling vehicles
- Hydrogen powered back up fuel cells for telecommunication towers
- Conversion of solar and wind power to hydrogen power (power to gas)
Sizing considerations for hydrogen refueling stations
- Bus, medium & heavy duty truck fueling: flow beyond 2,500 kg/day and 15,000 psig (1,034 barg) discharge pressure
- Vehicle fueling: flow beyond 2,500 kg/day and 15,000 psig (1,034 barg) discharge pressure
- Material handling vehicle fueling: flow between 5 to 2,500 kg/day and 7,000 psig (482 barg) discharge pressure
Recents project example
- PDC Machines and Ivys Energy Solutions are deploying a Hydrogen Refueling Station at the Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District (CUMTD) in Illinois.
- This MW scale hydrogen station will fuel a fleet of twelve New Flyer 60’ zero-emission fuel cell electric buses. The hydrogen infrastructure solution includes compression, storage, chilling, dispensing, safeties, and controls.
- PDC and Ivys designed and manufactured the HRS to efficiently phase in buses.
- In Phase 3, all twelve buses will each be fueled with 35 kg back to back within 14 minutes per fill. This very aggressive fueling profile results in 420 kg of total dispensed hydrogen within a 3 hour period.
- The HRS takes hydrogen produced from a MW-scale PEM electrolyzer and dispenses to the buses at 350 bar pressure at -20 degrees C temperature for a T20 fast fill.
- Additionally, the modular HRS design allows for future growth.
- By using our experience, knowledge and technology, we at PDC Machines are able to meet your requirements with precision and accuracy.