GenCell REX™ – Fuel Cell Backup Power Generator
- Powered by hydrogen, the GenCell REX fuel cell backup power generator produces 5kW of emissions-free electricity for substations during power outages.
- Operating as a direct source of power or supplementing legacy backup battery systems that provide only 6-8 hours of electricity, the GenCell REX keeps circuit breaker auto-reclosers operational until the grid recovers.
- The solution alleviates the need for costly multiple battery rooms, avoids the pollution and maintenance costs of diesel and includes a shelter that is resistant to high-voltage interference and earthquakes.
- The GenCell REX is an enhanced version of the GenCell G5rx solution, available in three configurations – 130VDC, 48 VDC and dual 130/48 VDC output in a single unit to support both substation loads and communications systems.
- The GenCell REX also offers enhanced integration with leading utility SCAD systems and improved remote monitoring and control software.
- Heat utilization unit for dissipating excess heat
- Energy bridge for instant electrical power generation and regulating power output
- Fuel supply comprised of standard hydrogen cylinders
- Shelter enclosure to protect all system components
- Multi output voltages dependent on requirements (-48 VDC / +48 VDC / 230 VAC / 130 VDC)
- Fuel consumption ≤ 70 g of 99.5% grade H2 /kWh
- Remote IoT manager available
- Remote start and shutdown available
- User interface local and web interface
- Alarm/Event monitoring & reporting system local alarm with Email or SMS
- Utilities substations
- Critical telecommunication applications
- Base stations
- Cellular networks
- Border control stations
- Surveillance operational support
- Remote EV charging
- Oil & Gas
- Off grid remote rail crossing security
- Hybrid power backup for RES + Batteries
- Carbon free energy production for mobile sites with leading telecommunication company
- We are happy to know our customers. Contact us today and tell us about your requirements.