Process safety engineering services
- Process safety is a key factor in the process and high hazard industries. Based on a comprehensive and independent view we offer safety assessments and develop a basis of safety for your R&D and pilot units. We can provide semi-quantitative risk assessments & Hazard Studies, making sure that residual risk is acceptably managed.
- Process and equipment safety and design of protective systems and relief streams are firmly in our focus and integrated into the plant design from the very beginning onwards. Make use of our experience and depth of knowledge in the development of R&D miniplants and rigs either as a stand-alone engineering service (delivery of a design package) or as an integral part of an equipment/plant manufacturing project together with our manufacturing cooperation partners.
- Our process safety services can be applied to new units, review existing units and modifications/revamps of existing equipment. We advise on the choice, concept & detailed design of safety systems, including functional safety systems (SIL classification) and relief stream design. We can also support our clients with our expertise in the development & review of explosion safety assessments and area classifications.
Working with PROREC
- PROREC offers a complete range of services in process engineering and process safety.
- Based on over 15 years of experience our chemical engineers have a wide range of expertise and detailed knowledge in process hazard analysis and design of safety related systems.
- PROREC adds value to developing process safety solutions through comprehensive know-how, an integrated perspective as well as a flexible and pragmatic approach
Scope of services
- Leading hazard and HAZOP studies
- Risk assessments according to EN12100
- Functional safety assessments and SIL classification according to IEC 61511, including LoPA studies (layer of protection analysis)
- Area classification and explosion protection
- Detailed relief stream design and relief device sizing according to EN4126 and API520 using commercially validated software
- Relief stream verification for new and existing systems
- Pressure drop calculations in pipe networks for gas, liquid and 2-phase flow
- Heat transfer calculations including heat exchanger design, pipe and vessel heat loss calculations
Recent hydrogen projects
- HAZID & HAZOP studies for:
- Gaseous hydrogen fueling stations
- Hydrogen test center for 700 bar HGV tank system testing & fueling protocol development
- AEM based electrolysers at the ~100 kg/day scale
- HAZOP studies for container-based units for end of line leak testing for:
- Hydrogen type IV tank systems
- Pipework assemblies
- Design and modelling of hydrogen supply networks for facility design
- Safety Valve, Burst Disc & Relief Stream pipework calculations for hydrogen trailer based distribution systems
- Relief Pipework Network Design for low and high pressure hydrogen testing facilities – sizing, vent height calculations and noise calculations.
- SIL Classification using risk graph and LoPA methods
Main benefits of our services
- Time and cost savings through external expertise and consulting
- A “right first time” approach to quality based on our extensive experience in high pressure hydrogen, pilot plant and E&I fields
- Delivering projects on time, and supporting our customers throughout the project & over the equipment lifecycle
- Custom solutions with robust and precise designs
- Our safety engineers are experienced professionals with a proven track record of delivering tailor-made safety solutions for complex hydrogen applications.
- We are looking forward to working with you!