BayoTech’s hydrogen production unit H2-1000
- Hydrogen generation systems from BayoTechTM can be sited at or close to the point of use, producing reliable, low-cost, low- carbon hydrogen.
- Compact in size, our modular systems tap into existing natural gas pipelines or co-located biogas resources to produce up to 1,000 kilograms of hydrogen per day. Building on technology first developed by Sandia National Laboratory, BayoTech’s proprietary design leverages high heat recuperation to achieve greater energy efficiency. Our patented reformer uses 20-30% less energy, saving money and reducing carbon footprint.
- BayoTech’s systems can use biomethane (RNG) derived from biogas as a feedstock, significantly reducing the carbon intensity of hydrogen production. BayoTech partners with leaders in carbon capture technology that integrate with our hydrogen generation systems for even lower carbon intensity.
- BayoTech’s hydrogen generation systems are designed to operate autonomously and are remotely monitored from a central control room. The system is designed with a target availability of 98% including planned and unplanned maintenance activities. Our BayoCare program guarantees performance and provides monitoring, routine inspection and annual all maintenance including parts and labor.
- Adding BayoTech’s high-pressure, high-capacity storage and transport options enable highly efficient distribution to local hydrogen uses where needed. This highly efficient model of local production and distribution from a hub makes hydrogen more affordable, sustainable and accessible.
- Produces up to 1,000 kg/day
- Larger units up to 5 and 10 tons per day in development
- >80% production efficiency
- Can be fed with renewable natural gas (RNG) or paired with carbon capture for carbon-zero and even carbon-negative hydrogen
- Cost certainty and guaranteed performance through BayoCare maintenance, service, and remote monitoring package
See our hydrogen production unit
Main technical specifications
- Fueling large fuel cell vehicle fleets
- Blending into natural gas pipelines
- Feedstock for glass, steel, and electronics manufacturing
- Ammonia production for agriculture
- Petroleum refining
Recent use cases
- New Mexico Gas Company
- BayoTech is Making Hydrogen Easy
- We would love to hear about your projects and requirements. Complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch with you soon!