Bipolar plate design – scope of services
- At the beginning of every application is the design of your bipolar plate. Testing and adjusting it with a view to production is part of our expertise.
- Our focus during design analysis and optimization is not only on the manufacturability of your plate. We also consider those features for your plate that are crucial for economical series production.
- If you do not have a finished design yet, we would be pleased to implement your idea as a CAD model for you. In this, you will benefit from our many years of expertise in the optimization of bipolar plates as well.
Benefits of metal for bipolar plates
At Graebener Bipolar Plate Technologies, we deliberately focus on manufacturing technologies for metallic plates. In contrast to other materials, metal offers more advantages overall for the use of plates in fuel cells and electrolysers such as:
- Lighter weight
- Good recyclability
- Homogeneous electrical conductivity
- Good contact material
- High thermal conductivity
- High surface quality
- Good forming properties
- Mechanical stability/elasticity
- Engineering of producibility from CAD designs
- Production of metal bipolar plates for fuel cell application
- Production of metal separator plates for electrolysis application
- Production of metal bipolar plates for heat exchanger application
Let us help you out in getting the most efficient engineered bipolar polar plates