Hydrogen Tank Middle Plug VTI K906
What is the purpose of our Middle Plug?
- VTI’s UN ECE R134 approved K906 Middle Plug is a safety device for hydrogen cylinder systems and prevents explosions of hydrogen filled cylinders in case of vehicle fires.
How does it work?
- When the temperature at the system to the Thermal Pressure Relief Device (TPRD) reaches minimum 110 degrees for a defined time period, the glass bulb inside the Middle Plug bursts and triggers the TPRD to activate.
- The TPRD then opens and reliefs the hydrogen in a controlled manner through an external vent line.
Our mission with the Middle Plug?
- Manufacturing a best-in-class quality safety device for H2 applications with the aim of increasing the safety of hydrogen systems on the market!
- One design for all pressure ranges up to 700 bar
- 360° rotatable and removeable vent line connection port for fast and flexible installation
- Visible glass bulb for faster heat detection and quality control
- Easy and T-less connections to other End Plug TPRDs
- Automotive industry
- Cylinder systems for trucks / busses
- Hydrogen transport / storage systems
- Hydrogen filling stations
- Interested? Please contact us by filling in the contact vendor form.