VOSSLok 40 – Our innovative and cost-effective tube forming solution
Hydraulic tube connections with the highest quality standards – that is what we are known for around the world. So that is why it is important to us to continuously improve our solutions. Our development engineers have been moving away from cutting ring systems and toward forming systems in hydraulics for years. A seal and holding contour is formed on the tube end with the VOSSLok 40 forming machine, which exhibits maximum leak-safety – even under demanding conditions – for instance when used in hydrogen and CNG-applications.
VOSSLok 40 tube contour
The 40° tube contour is formed at the end of the tube with the VOSSLok 40 forming machine. The material on the tube surface is compressed and smoothed on the sealing radius by the mechanical forming process. This eliminates surface defects on the tube and achieves maximum impermeability.
VOSSLok 40 coupling system
Screw sockets and tube contours are aligned with each other in such a way as to achieve highest pressing of sealing surfaces and thereby an optimum seal of the only possible leak path.
The extensive VOSSLok 40 system comprises a wide variety of structural shapes, such as angle, T or L-couplings. The system components are available in steel, stainless steel and various special materials with differing outside diameters.
- The VOSSLok 40 forming machine processes tubes with an outside diameter from 6 to 22 mm, as well as imperial dimensions
- Suitable tube materials are steel and stainless steel – other materials on request
- Coupling components made from steel, stainless steel or special materials
Maximum leak protection
The VOSSLok 40 system can also be used in combination with conventional clamping ring screw sockets. The cost advantage as well as the reduction of leak paths remain, except the assembly advantage of the “soft” block stop cannot be used in this combination.
Assembly made easy
- Assembly is performed in just a few steps
- A controlled increase in force occurs at the end of the assembly process
- The option to re-tighten the connection is retained
Assembly advantages compared to clamp ring systems
- The assembly travel path is significantly reduced (tightening 120° instead of 450°)
- VOSSLok 40 also enables torque assembly
- The noticeable increase in force at the end of assembly protects against over-tightening
Watch the product video
- VOSS has the right tube connections for your next hydrogen project. Fill out the contact vendor form to contact the vendor.
There are no reviews yet.