Optical Flame Detectors for Hydrogen – SpyglassTM SG50-F-IR3-H2
- SpyglassTM SG50-F-IR3-H2 flame detectors offer the fastest detection of fires and explosions, providing the opportunity to reduce or prevent damage to property & equipment.
- These flame detectors also have industry leading false alarm immunity to several challenging environments while performing in adverse climates.
- Small size and affordable costs along with state of the art features make SpyglassTM SG50-F-IR3-H2 a desirable tool for anyone concerned about fires in their facilities.
- SpyglassTM SG50-F-IR3-H2 is also available with the option to choose built in high definition video with SpyglassTM SG50-F-IR3-H2-V.
- SpyglassTM SG50-F-IR3-H2-V:
- Has fast and reliable detection with video confirmation and recording
- Has near-infrared and color (RGB) video options
- Allows remote monitoring of dangerous events
- Video capture allows after incident evaluation to determine:
- How the fire started
- How the fire progressed
- How fire suppression systems performed
- These flame detectors for hydrogen also comes with various accessories:
- Stainless steel weather cover
- 2″ & 3″ pole mount adapter
- Airshield for areas with high airborne contamination
- Paint shield / cover
- Flame Simulator (SP-F-SIM-IR3-H2): Flame simulators mimic the radiation and flicker of a real fire source in a handheld device which is certified intrinsically safe to ATEX standards.
- High immunity to false alarm, including arc welding
- Hydrogen flame detector available with multiple outputs including:
- 0 – 20mA
- Fire, Fault, & Auxiliary relays
- Detects hydrogen, ammonia, methane & syngas flames using three infrared wavelengths, with clear separation
- 5 selectable sensitivity levels:
- Ultra-fast detection within 40 milliseconds for fireballs or explosions
- High speed (<0.5 s) option available for rapid detection of fires in challenging applications
- HD video output (IR3-H2-V) with automatic event recording
- Alarms & faults (& videos for IR3-H2-V) are logged to non-volatile memory
- Built-in-Test (BIT) – Automatic and manual internal self-test of window cleanliness and overall operation of the detector
- Easy configuration and diagnostic capability to assist preventative maintenance
- Dirty optics warning for preventative maintenance needs
- Heated window to avoid condensation and icing
- Stainless steel tilt-mount with horizontal and vertical adjustment
- SIL 2 capable – suitable for use in a SIL 2 compliant safety system
- Explosion proof : ATEX, IECEX, UKCA , FMus & FMc
- Performance: ANSI FM 3260
- Functional safety: Certified to SIL2, per IEC 61508 (*not available on all options)
- Please contact the vendor for other certifications including INMETRO and PESO.
- The hydrogen flame detector are used where ever the risk of an ignition of hydrogen may occurs.
- It is used in e.g. General Industry, Oil & Gas, Gas turbine applications, Engine test benches, Hydrogen Gas station and many more.
- With more than 100 years of experience, Teledyne Gas And Flame Detection is a global leader in flame and gas detection systems. Interested? Please contact the vendor by filling in the contact form or RFQ form.