Conductivity Sensor – Type 8222
- The Bürkert conductivity sensor Type 8222 is designed for measuring the conductivity of fluids. The sensor element comprises a two-electrode cell and a Pt1000 temperature probe.
- Thus, due to the measurement device’s design, Bürkert has simplified installation and maintenance work. The device Type 8222 is available in two variants: The first one, the so-called ELEMENT standard is proposed either with three adjustable outputs (two digital outputs and one analogue output) or with four adjustable outputs (two digital and two analogue) and can be equipped with a display. The display is only necessary for start-up, configuration (e.g. selection pH/ORP measurement, measurement range, units, calibration, thresholds, etc) or as a display of process values.
- The second, the so-called ELEMENT neutrino is a 2-conductor device, without a display, with a 4…20 mA current output and is available with two variants of pipe connections, either with a G 1½” union nut for installation with an adaptor with a G 1½” external thread sensor connection or with a G ¾” external thread for screwing into an adaptor with a G ¾” internal thread sensor connection.
- The conductivity sensor Type 8222 converts the measuring signal, shows different values in different measuring units in the ELEMENT standard device (if display is installed) and calculates the output signals, which are transferred in the ELEMENT standard device via one or two M12 plug connections or in the ELEMENT neutrino variant via an M12 plug connection or on a terminal strip via a cable gland.
- This conductivity sensor itself is available with three different cell constants C. These with C= 0.01 or 0.1 cm-1 are fitted with stainless steel electrodes and those with C= 1.0 cm-1 are fitted with graphite electrodes.
- Measuring range: 0.05 µS/cm…10 mS/cm (depending on cell constant), transmitter integrated
- Nominal width/ mechanical line connection: DN 25 to DN 110 (DN 15 to DN 20 on request)
- Temperature range: -20 to +100 °C (medium)
- Pressure range: up to 16bar
- Protection class: IP65, IP67
- Optional approvals: UL, DGR *)
- Hydrogen production – Electrolyser
- Hydrogen use – Stationary fuel cells, Mobile fuel cells
- Hydrogen test benches – Industrialization, Scale up
- Hydrogen infrastructure
- With more than 25 years of experience in the hydrogen industry, Buerkert Fluid Control Systems know what matters when it comes to controlling gases and liquids. Interested? Feel free to contact us via the vendor form.