Our spring energized seals – Highly efficient control of cooling circuits
Dynamic applications that are required to function without lubrication put a greater emphasis on seal design and the materials being used. Especially in the case of dry running seals which are subject to high temperature and high pressure conditions, MoldflonTM-PTFE serves to efficiently seal circuits and achieves efficient performance and a long service life.
Advanced polymer technology combined with many years of practical experience allow our team of engineers to select the correct combination of material and seal geometry for the application in question.
Our seals meet requirements for lifelong leak tightness, safety and functionality under a wide range of operating conditions for maximum performance and longevity.
- Outstanding dry-running characteristics
- Low wear
- Low friction
- Variable friction conditions through choice of spring characteristics
- Extremely low breakaway forces even after prolonged down times
- No stick-slip even with low sliding speeds
- High dimensional stability
- High chemical and thermal resistance
- No volumetric chance by swelling or shrinkage
- Good cost benefit ratio
- Very good wiping effect
- Maximum design freedom
- „Plug-and-Place“-sealing solution combining static and dynamic sealing functionality in one piece
- Control valves for cooling systems in hybrid vehicles
- Combinations of static and dynamic sealing functionalities
- Temperature range of -40°C to +140°C
- Tolerance compensation of up to 0.7 mm
- Pressure: max. 3 bar
- 300,000 km life span
- ElringKlinger has the right spring energized seals for thermo management valves. Fill out the contact vendor form to contact the vendor.