Our spring energized seal
Dynamic applications that are required to function without lubrication put a greater emphasis on seal design and the materials being used. Especially in the case of dry running rod seals which are subject to high temperature and high pressure conditions, PTFE compounds combined with advanced fillers must be selected in order to achieve efficient performance and a long service life.
Advanced polymer technology combined with many years of practical experience allow our team of engineers to select the correct combination of material and seal geometry for the application in question.
Often reciprocating but also in rotary installations, maintaining a high level of seal efficiency by minimising wear allows our seal solutions to achieve outstanding levels of performance and longevity.
For sealing rotary and swiveling applications the choice is a URF rod seal with clamping flange.
- Outstanding dry-running characteristics
- Low wear
- Low friction
- Variable friction conditions through choice of spring characteristics
- Extremely low breakaway forces even after prolonged down times
- No stick-slip even with low sliding speeds
- High dimensional stability
- High chemical and thermal resistance
- No volumetric change by swelling or shrinkage
- Compact seal, suitable for O-ring assembly spaces according to ARP 568 A, DIN 3771 and ISO 3601/1
- Good cost benefit ratio
- Dimensions from Ø 2 to Ø 3000 mm available
- Very good wiping effect with abrasive media
- LPG valves
- Valves for technical gases such as oxygen or hydrogen
- Fuel cell valves
- T = –260°C to +260°C depending on application
- p = up to 250 bar and more
- v = 15 m/s for reciprocating movements
- v = 2.5 m/s for rotating movements