Custom X-rings for hydrogen applications
- Also known as Quad-ring seals or four lobbed seals, X-rings are available from Novotema in a wide range of elastomer materials to suit any application.
- Used in both static and dynamic sealing applications, X-rings can be retrofitted into existing O-ring grooves.
- The four lobbed design provides twice the sealing sealing surface in comparison to a standard O-Ring, preventing the seal from twisting and rolling and thus avoiding spiral failure often seen when O-rings are used in reciprocating applications.
- X-rings can offer a reduction in friction than conventional O-rings and because they need less compression for effective sealing, they are able to obtain a prolonged seal life.
- X-rings can be manufactured to standard O-ring sizes, as well as custom sizes for specific applications in a number of industries including oil and gas, chemical processing and medical.
- Novotema constantly works together with the technical and quality departments of their customers in order to deliver the most advanced and appropriate solution for their needs.
- They cooperate with their customers to develop brand new solutions that respond to the highest quality standards.
- They have a critical approach and applies a rigorous and scientific method throughout all the process, from co-design to mould construction until the testing and final delivery of the product.
- Thanks to their technical department and laboratory and thanks to their cooperation with universities and independent laboratories, Novotema can also help in technical services such as surface treatments, bench testing, FEA simulations for your application.
- They are specialized in complex designs and shapes and can deliver high quality products down to very small sizes and with extremely tight tolerances.
- Outstanding seal efficiency with unbeatable resistance to spiral failure.
- Complete customization available for various sizes and wide range of materials and hardness.
- Total assistance to the customer: from co-design with customer until the final product delivery.
- Additional testing on elastomer products in laboratories and through FEA simulation can be done.
- High quality products down to very small sizes and with extremely tight tolerances is available.
- Technical services such as surface treatments, bench testing, FEA simulations also available for your application.
- Hydrogen valves
- Hydrogen compressors
- Anywhere in the hydrogen process an elastomeric sealing solution is required
- Novotema has over 40 years of experience and research in the field of technical rubber moulding. Interested? Please contact the vendor by filling the contact form.