Sensorless control – from standstill to 1 million rpm. All of our converters allow sensorless control of permanent magnetic synchronous machines (PMSM) and brushless DC motors (BLDC).
The tuning of the modulation and control systems of our motors and turbo compressors, or of your electric motor, guarantees the highest converter operating efficiency and reduced motor losses. In the same converter we can operate with both pulse-width modulation (PWM), with varying switching frequencies, and pulse-amplitude modulation (PAM). Thanks to PAM technology, the output filter between Motor and Converter can be eliminated.
A Celeroton developed sensorless control method allows for complete speed control without an encoder or Hall sensors. Auto tuning, automatic control parameterization and support from Celeroton engineers results in a simple and fast commissioning.
Converter for driving ultra-high-speed turbo compressors in fuel cells
- Sensorless speed control from 5,000 rpm up to 500,000 rpm
- Auxiliary voltage supply (8 – 32 VDC) for startup of the turbo compressor from battery, automatic switch to fuel cell voltage
- Operation of the compressor from wide output voltage range of the fuel cell (40 – 120 VDC)
- Rated output power: 1,000 W
- Protection class IP67
- 94% efficiency
- Integrated break chopper
- Connection to active and passive cooling (water or air) possible
The operating range of the CC-120-1000 in FCO depends on the fuel cell input voltage as shown in Figure 1. The maximum continuous output power of 1,000 W can be obtained with an input voltage of 60-120 VDC. The absolute maximum power of 1,200 W can be reached during short time overload operation.
Our converter works best with our compressor CT-17-700.GB or CT-17-1000.GB
- Material handling
- Off road applications
- Stationary applications
- Power generation
- Contact us and tell us about your requirements. We will identify the suitable compressors that provides the performance and safety you expect.