Hy-Cone™ HP (35.5 bar) – hydrogen flow meter for low pressure
GM Flow has developed a low pressure flow meters meter for electrolyser applications:
- Hy-Cone™ LP for low pressures up to 34.5 bar: This hydrogen flow meter is designed specifically to measure the low-pressure hydrogen gas being produced from electrolysers. Low pressure is the main reason why other technologies have difficulty in measuring the gas accurately, since the gas density is so low. By utilizing extremely accurate pressure measurement and advanced manufacturing techniques, Hy-Cone ™ LP captures the hydrogen flow rate, flowing pressure, and the flowing temperature, ensuring that the measurement is the most accurate available to the industry. Inbuilt pressure and temperature instruments mean that you can dispense with them in other areas of your system, reducing the cost of ownership.
- All the meters feature inbuilt pressure and temperature compensation, with an explosion proof flow computer supplied as part of the system. It is battery or 24 VDC powered with an LCD display, data logging and RS485 communication.
Main criteria of our technology
- Differential pressure cone technology
- Zero installation lengths
- Built in flow conditioner
- Low pressure operation
- Inbuilt pressure, differential pressure and temperature measurements
Key features in detail
- Measures the hydrogen output from an electrolyser.
- Electrolyser output can be tracked against electricity consumed maximising hydrogen generation efficiency.
- No moving parts to wear out or break
- High accuracy (0.5%) and repeatability (0.05%) of readings
- Inbuilt flow computer to read and calculate the flow rate, flowing density and flow total.
- LCD Display, data logging and RS-485 communications.
- Electrolyser performance monitoring
Working with GM Flow
- GM Flow are experts in measurement of the flow rate of gases, historically natural gas and nitrogen, but now we excel in hydrogen and CO2.
- Our technology is designed and built in Scotland, with over 100 years of experience within our team. With significantly less than 1 bar pressure-loss, and no moving parts, our latest product Hy-Cone™, is designed specifically for Hydrogen.
Contact us if you would like to:
- Monitor the mass flow rate of hydrogen from your electrolyser.
- Not have to worry about parts wearing out or leaking.
- Measure pressure, differential pressure and temperature with one instrument