Gas and air filters – Polyglas® filteration elements
- COGA polyglass filter elements are a new development in gas and compressed air filtration.
- The excellent filtration properties of micro glass fiber filter elements are well known.
- However, to ensure that no fiber, no matter how small, can get into the filtrate, a fine PE filter layer is sintered around the glass fiber elements in a second manufacturing process.
- Depending on the application, the elements can be mounted in the corresponding filter housing without end caps by means of a plastic support body.
- In this case, a sealing on the front side takes place. For very critical applications, however, it is recommended to use the polyglass filter elements with end caps in order to exclude any bypass possibility.
- There are two variations of gas and air filters to choose from:
- Elements with end caps on both sides and O-ring seal
- Elements with threaded end cap for screwing directly into the filter head (see illustration)
- The direction of filtration is from the inside to the outside.
- Micro glass fiber filter layer:
- Micro glass fiber filter elements with a fineness of 50K are preferably used as the basis for manufacturing the polyglass filter elements.
- Depending on the application, further fineness grades are available.
- PE filter layer: The PE filter layer is made of high-purity FDA-approved UHMW granulate sintered onto the existing micro glass fiber filter element in special molds under the influence of pressure and temperature.
- Structure: Two-layer asymmetric structure (glass fiber / polyethylene)
- Filtration direction: From inside to outside
- Color: White or blue
- Maximum Temperature: 90° C in air
- Material caps: Aluminum or polyamide
- Material seal: FPM
- Material Adhesive: Epoxy resin
- No fibers on the clean side
- Combination micro glass fiber with sintered PE
- Various filter grades 5 µm, 10 µm, 20 µm and 50 µm (other finenesses on request)
- Good chemical resistance according to polyethylene and glass
- Small dimensions ID:12 mm and L: 32 and 57 mm respectively and ID 25 mm for L 64 mm
- Suitable for many commercially available and COGA filter housings with corresponding receptacle
- Gas and air filters available with or without end caps
- Customized sizes available upon request
Ordering information for Polyglas® filter elements (standard)
- In all critical applications, especially where it must be ensured that no fibers are allowed to enter the further process
- Separation of finest particles from liquids and gases in connection with a corresponding COGA filter housing
- Contec is a solution provider with diverse experience in air and gas filtration. Interested? Please contact the vendor by filling in the contact vendor form.