Working with Mann+Hummel
- MANN+HUMMEL is one of the leading global expert for filtration solutions. The company group with its headquarters in Ludwigsburg, Germany, develops solutions for motor cars, industrial applications, clean air in interior spaces and the sustainable use of water.
- With over 21,000 employees at more than 80 locations globally we are your perfect partner to develop and globally scale your fuel cell business; we can leverage 80 years of know-how in filtration.
Coolant filter CoolantClean 180 description
- During the reaction of hydrogen and oxygen in the fuel cell, heat is generated which must be discharged. The coolant particle filter from MANN+HUMMEL removes harmful particles from the cooling circuit in the main flow.
- Contaminations in the coolant circuit can either block narrow cooling channels or cause wear on the coolant pump.
- Filters with pressure drop-optimized design allow clean coolant in the main flow and thus reliably protect the fuel cell stack as well as components of the cooling circuit.
- Best protection of liquid cooled computers, fuel cell stacks and battery systems
- Prevention of blocking of the cooling channels: Removal of particles from the coolant, both in case of initial contamination and during operation
- Lowest pressure drop at high flow rates
- Slim and light design allows an easy integration into the coolant loop
- Different housing and mesh material options that are compatible with coolants and prevent leaching of additives which would increase the coolant conductivity
- Additional customized solutions upon request
Arrangement in the system
- Full flow or bypass mode
- Multiple orientations possible
- Nearby the inlet of the protected component
- Flow rate up to 180 l/min
- Differential pressure is 170 mbar at max flow rate
- Operating temperature is -40° C to 90° C
- System pressure up to 2 bar
- Cut-off of relevant particles size more than 99% @175 μm
- Stack cooling for mobile or stationary fuel cell applications
- Protection of the coolant loop
Watch Mann+Hummel fuel cell products in action
- MANN+HUMMEL is able to use its many years of experience in the area of filtration to meet the requirements for future mobility.
- Fill out the contact form and contact us today!