Porous PolytetraflonTM PTFE can be manufactured thanks to the use of a special pressing/sintering process. The size of the pores is statistically distributed and ranges from 1 to 20 μm. The average pore diameter can be set at approximately 2 to 10 μm depending on the material and degree of compaction.
This combination of higher porosity and mechanical strength permits technically self-supporting solutions and therefore offers a clear advantage over competitor products, which often can only be used with support.
Films and components made of porous PolytetraflonTM PTFE combine a high degree of air permeability and water resistance, and are therefore optimally suited for venting and media separation in filters.
- Lowest friction coefficient of any polymer
- Exceptionally large operating temperate range: -260°C to +260°C
- Very good sliding characteristics – self-lubricating effect
- No water absorption, water repellent
- Almost universal chemical resistance
- Good electrical and dielectric properties
- Resistance to superheated steam
- Light, weather and UV radiation resistant
- self extinguishing in acc. with UL 94 V-0
- Physiologically harmless
Porous PolytetraflonTM PTFE membranes ensure reliable venting of a wide variety of aggregates such as batteries, gearboxes or water pumps.
There are no reviews yet.