Electropneumatic Controller for Hydrogen Applications – TESCOM™ ER5050 Series
- The TESCOM ER5050 electropneumatic controller is the ideal solution for hydrogen applications with a need for automated remote pressure regulation control. The ER5050 controls up to 120psi (8.2 bar) of pilot pressure for an air-loaded multiplier regulator, enabling accurate and fast-response changes to the pressure setpoint.
- The TESCOM ER5050 is fast, accurate and reliable. Its Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) algorithm adjusts system fluctuations every 25ms to a 0.1% setpoint pressure accuracy. This close-loop control enables dispenser pressure to stay within the pressure ramp rate (PRR) bounds required by the J2601 fueling protocol.
- Hydrogen refueling stations prefer this plug-and-play solution to proportional valves due to its easy setup & troubleshooting capabilities. Collect and document as much data as you want with included ERTune, use your existing DAQS or set the parameters. You choose your implementation strategy.
- EASY SETUP: No more intensive PLC programming! ER5050 offers a quick and intuitive setup through its complementary ERTune Software. All you need is clean, dry air and a 4-20mA signal to communicate your desired pressure setpoint and the PID control loop will do the rest.
- PROCESS INTELLIGENCE: Take advantage of the ER5050 data acquisition capabilities to learn more about your process and optimize your system performance.
- SUPERIOR ACCURACY: All manual spring-loaded regulators are limited in the accuracy of pressure control they can provide due to hysteresis, decaying inlet characteristic, and droop. The ER5050 sidesteps all these issues by directly comparing the process pressure to the desired setpoint and correcting the regulator load every 25ms, causing significant improvements in pressure control accuracy.
- Hydrogen refueling stations
- Hydrogen blending
- Hydrogen laboratory test stands
- Emerson is your trusted partner across the entire hydrogen fuel value chain. Interested? Please contact the Vendor by filling in the contact vendor form or request to quote form.